Craniosacral therapy is a hands-on, non-invasive form of physical medicine that evaluates and releases the restrictions in the skull bones, spine, sacrum, and fascia. It was developed by osteopathic physician John Upledger at Michigan State University in the 1970s. Practitioners of craniosacral therapy use a light-weight touch, often no heavier than the weight of a nickel. Treatments encourage the body to regain normal functioning in the central nervous system with beneficial effects also seen in the lymph, hormonal, musculoskeletal, and gastrointestinal systems.
Craniosacral therapy can be especially helpful for women's health and fertility in the following ways:
- it can help to reduce restrictions around the hips, pelvis and sacrum that may be affecting the female reproductive organs
- it can improve blood flow to female reproductive organs
- it helps relax the nervous system which can have an impact on hormone balance, cycle regularity, and stress hormones
During and after a session, people often achieve a deep level of relaxation and are able to release the stress the body may hold. Patients find that even after one treatment, pain may be significantly reduced and either part or all of the body has a greater range of movement.
The therapy may be used preventatively or supportively in the treatment of a wide variety of conditions, including:
- Chronic neck and back pain
- Chronic fatigue
- Concussion and Traumatic Brain Injury
- Fibromyalgia and chronic pain syndromes
- Frozen shoulder
- Infant and Childhood Disorders
- Migraines and Headaches
- Stress and tension-related problems
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Post-MVA trauma
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and postpartum care
- TMJ Syndrome
- Women's reproductive organ dysfunction (i.e. infertility, painful periods, fibroids, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, vulvodynia)
Dr. Natalia Pellegrino brings extensive knowledge of the body from her combined backgrounds in massage therapy, craniosacral therapy, and naturopathic physical medicine. Her work began as a massage therapist for several years before she eventually decided to pursue her ultimate goal and longtime dream of becoming a Naturopathic Doctor. Dr. Pellegrino has a special interest in using her physical medicine expertise to promote pain relief and stress reduction. Over the years, she has successfully reduced pain and increased functionality for people of all ages, ranging from teen athletes to desk workers to the elderly.
Craniosacral & Naturopathic Physical Medicine Adult (Ages 13 and up) Initial Visit: $105
Craniosacral & Naturopathic Physical Medicine Adult (Ages 13 and up) Follow-up Visit: $90
For a Craniosacral appointment
book online or call (612) 440-7710.