Lately, I've been craving something super healthy, yet 100% delicious.
Enter this amazing kale salad recipe from my dear friend and fellow Qoya teacher, Angharad Menne. She brought it over for a dinner gathering I had one night many moons ago and I often find myself reminiscing about how fantastic that kale salad tasted -savory, sweet, and oh-so fresh!
I finally asked her to write it down so I could eat it to my heart's content - and now, so can you!
Crunchy Kale Tahini Salad
- 2 12oz. bunches kale, stems removed
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs. tahini
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce or Bragg liquid aminos
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 tsp honey (optional)
- Optional Add-ins:
- 1 cup chopped parsley or mint
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 lb.. roasted red potatoes
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (highly recommended)
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts or almonds (highly recommended)
- 1 orange, divided into segments
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (highly recommended)
By the way, check out Angharad's upcoming Qoya Collective Retreat for women in Costa Rica March 25th to April 1st, 2017. It's going to be pure bliss! Imagine an entire week to nourish your body and spirit in paradise with movement, ocean swims, and healthy food. The amazing community of women you'll meet is an added bonus, if not a major highlight. Qoya is a marvelous form of movement for women of all fitness levels, including those who are pregnant. Learn more about Qoya here and here.